Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro8 Black Live Stream Options

[ New ]

Hi,

When I try to livestream from GoPro 8 Black,  my IPhone App show three resolution options (1080-720-480) Screenshot below:

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-05 at 05.25.35.jpeg

I tried with each of them. It doesn't matter which option I choose, when I click "Setup Live Stream"  the camera touch screen shows the resolution  as 1080p-60fps-Wide. And from the data usage I can tell it's 1080p always. Screenshot below

camcamcam.jpeg

is it default setting for live stream ? I think we should be able to change it. But it seems we cannot. The options on the IOS app is just for the looks ? 

Note:  Using the latest firmware version on the camera -  version 2.50 . IOS app is also the latest version.  Screenshots show the options for RTMP live stream but same problem on twitch/youtube/facebook settings.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro8 Black Live Stream Options

[ New ]

Hi @admatk

Choose the resolution you want: 480p, 720p or 1080p (1080p only available with HERO8 Black and MAX)

PRO TIP: Use 1080p for the best quality. 720p may be best if you’re using a mobile hotspot. Try lower resolutions if bandwidth or data are weak, or if you want to save storage space on your SD card.

Heads Up: If the signal strength of your data connection weakens, the video stream bit rate will automatically lower for the selected resolution.

Check out How to live stream from your GoPro for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

gopro team any comments or feedback ?  what a  *** support you have!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @admatk

Choose the resolution you want: 480p, 720p or 1080p (1080p only available with HERO8 Black and MAX)

PRO TIP: Use 1080p for the best quality. 720p may be best if you’re using a mobile hotspot. Try lower resolutions if bandwidth or data are weak, or if you want to save storage space on your SD card.

Heads Up: If the signal strength of your data connection weakens, the video stream bit rate will automatically lower for the selected resolution.

Check out How to live stream from your GoPro for reference.

Thanks!

Ej