Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro7 Silver wont charge

[ New ]
Haven't used my GoPro 7 in almost a year. Went to charge it and it won't hold a charge(LED won't light up). It turns on for a short bit after I plug it in, then it turns off. I unplugged it to try a different charging cord and it made a really loud beep. I've tried the troubleshooting methods recommended on here and I watch YouTube videos. Running out of options.
Tourist

Re: GoPro7 Silver wont charge

[ New ]
Hi. It happens exactly the same case to me, and I don't know what else to do
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alertalp3341 @adrilindres

What SD card/s are you using?

Do you observe the same when the camera is powered on without the SD card?

Check out the steps on HERO7 Will Not Power On

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
I'm using a SanDisk 128GB SD card. The LED's come on when it's formatting the SD Card, then they turn right back off. Battery symbol in the top right says its charging, but then it dies again even while plugged into the charging cord.
Tourist

[ New ]
I'd already tried such steps unsuccessfully.
I tried two different SD cards, with the same results.
And currently the camera doesn't have an SD card inside, so I don't think that blaming an SD card has anything to do with the poor performance of the GoPro battery
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alertalp3341 @adrilindres

To consistently achieve the best results and overall performance with your GoPro camera it is important to use a card that is known to work well with your camera. 

If you have gone through the steps on HERO7 Will Not Power On and it's still the same, the best path forward is to reach out to Support.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!

Ej