Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro7 Black does record broken videos in 4k60fps with SanDisc Extreme 256GB. Broken card?

Hi,

I tried using the search if this is a known problem but didn't really get any good results.

I am using a GoPro7 Black with a SanDisc Exteme 256 GB card to record in 4k / 60 fps.

After recording for the last week I realized that many videos, especially ones with a lot of movement are quite choppy or completely broken. I copied the videos back onto the Camera and it doesn't replay the videos anymore (or stops the replay within seconds) .

Using a pc with VLC I am having issues with stutter and missing frames . (I am using a 8700k/32GB Ram / 2080 Ti machine with NVMe M.2 harddisc, so data transfer rate really shouldn't be an issue)

When checking the SanDisc card for errors I don't get any results. Since the data write rate of the card is above 90mb/s I am not really sure what is causing the problem. Is it possible that my GoPro is broken?

I am open for any suggestions.

GoPro

Re: GoPro7 Black does record broken videos in 4k60fps with SanDisc Extreme 256GB. Broken card?

[ Edited ]

Hi @quinton77

4K/60fps produces HEVC files.

Please see: HEVC Explained for reference.

You may also check How to Correct Choppy or Broken Up Playback

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Re: GoPro7 Black does record broken videos in 4k60fps with SanDisc Extreme 256GB. Broken card?

[ Edited ]

my issue got solved!!!

GoPro

You're awesome, @quinton77! Feel free to post back if anything else comes up or you may also answer other user's questions / threads. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!