Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro7 Black - Issue with version 1.7, vertical interference bars since updating

Anyone else have the issue or know a fix?  See photo attached

I bought a GoPro7 a few months ago and it worked fine (software version 1.5).

I bought a 2nd GoPro7 last week and it kept having grey lines on the display whilst recording indoors.  

I sent the 2nd GoPro back and got a replacment.

The New GoPro had the same issues, the serial numbers on the 2 new ones are only a couple hundred numbers apart so i thought it was the camera.

Supplier told me check the software, i did, and i can see it is up to date with version 1.7.

Out of curiosity i then updated my working gopro from 1.5 to 1.7.

I now have the same glitching interference type lines across the display when recording.

To test, i am recording indoors with lights on, im recording in 4K,60 with protune on.  Every other setting is standard.

Is anyone else having this issue with GoPro 7 Black on 1.7?

When is the new version upgarde coming out and has a fix for this issue been included with it.

GoPro lines.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: GoPro7 Black - Issue with version 1.7, vertical interference bars since updating

This is the first time I've seen anyone report this. You should exchange the cameras. If you continue to have issues, contact the GoPro Support Team https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: GoPro7 Black - Issue with version 1.7, vertical interference bars since updating

This is the first time I've seen anyone report this. You should exchange the cameras. If you continue to have issues, contact the GoPro Support Team https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Highlighted
Tourist

Hey Daniel, I think I’ve worked it out but I need someone with a GoPro7 black to test my theory

I can replicate the bug on 3 different cameras now

Make sure you are on 1.7
Use 4K 60fpps, stabilisation and protune on
Now flick low light to auto and film indoors, it will glitch
Now click the low light to off and film indoors, no glitch
Flick it on and off and you get the glitches
Outdoors is fine. Every other resolution and fps is fine too.
I’m sure it’s the low light auto on those settings that is the cause. It didn’t happen on 1.5
Only on 1.7 so reckon they’ve missed something in the software update
Can you try that exact steps on yours?
Highlighted
Explorer

I'm away for work right now without the camera, but I'll see about testing this tomorrow when I get home. I never use Auto Low light, so if this is the cause, it explains why I haven't seen this issue. If I don't reply in the next couple days be sure to send a private message my way or make another post here to remind me (I respond to a lot of post so these get lost for me).

BTW, the reason I don't use Auto Low light is because I already know to lower the frame rate to 24-30fps in low light settings. All the function does is change the fps to 30. If I'm recording at a higher fps, it's because I want a higher fps. Personally, I find the Auto Low Light pretty useless and it's also known to occasionally cause issues since it requires extra processing in the camera. While issues shouldn't happen, if you've identified Auto Low Light to be the culprit, I suggest just turning this off.