Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

GoPro5 Black + frame : Float ↑ or Sink ↓ in water?

Hello, please I need information whether Gopro5 Black  with battery in the default frame does SINK(falls down ↓)  downOR FLOAT(rises up ↑) in water.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro5 Black + frame : Float ↑ or Sink ↓ in water?

[ Edited ]

Thanks. It is no longer relevent. I found it 3 days ago (May 8 – the day of Victory / end of War ) nearby the river coast, after 7 months being lost in the river. Approximately 3–8 meters from the assumed location of drop

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

Please can you answer rapidly? This information is vital for my GoPro.
Highlighted
Explorer

Sink
Highlighted
Explorer

You need to attach the floaty or mount the camera on a flotation device like the Handler. If not, the camera will sink.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Thanks. It is no longer relevent. I found it 3 days ago (May 8 – the day of Victory / end of War ) nearby the river coast, after 7 months being lost in the river. Approximately 3–8 meters from the assumed location of drop

Highlighted
Explorer

Wow, awesome that you found it!
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]
  • No water leak after 7 months (at least 5 month under water until  April dry&warm climate lowered the water level) .
  • When found, covered with three different colors of rust/fungus (white, orange, black), LCD covered with sand(gestures working in that condidion),. After outfit "restoration" looks like new but little smells like mud.
  • Fully working.  Especially all 3 microphones seems (or sounds, no pun intended) to work well.
  • When dropped, was recording until battery drained. After 7 months battery showed 0.02V, i guess it is protection cut-off functionality.
  • Battery capacity is at least 1050mAh out of "designed" 1220mAh . (measuring  time integrated current while charging. Charged separately with lower start current just for "not to shock it" or safety).  
Highlighted
Explorer

Wow, that's pretty awesome.