Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro won't pair with new update of capture. NEED URGENT HELP

I have a GoPro hero+ and just updated the GoPro app I went back in and it did not work. I have tried pairing again but says that the pin is incorrect even though it is correct. I have a iPhone 6 and a iPad mini both have the same problem. I am going away for a few months in a week so it is urgent.   

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: GoPro won't pair with new update of capture. NEED URGENT HELP

Delete your previous connections (wi-fi and in the Capture app - I think its hold down on the picture of the camera in the Capture app and the delete option appears) and then follow these steps: (If at any time you are asked if the camera has been paired before, select "no")

1. On your smartphone/tablet, complete these steps:
    1. Download the GoPro App to your smartphone/tablet from the Apple® App Store, Google Play, or Windows® Phone marketplace.
    2. Open the app.
    3. Tap Connect Your Camera.
    4. Tap Add New Device.
    5. Tap HERO+.
  2. On the camera, complete these steps:
    1. Press the Power/Mode button to power on your camera.
    2. Press the Power/Mode button repeatedly to cycle to Setup.
    3. Press the Shutter/Select button twice to open the Wireless menu.
  3. On your smartphone/tablet, tap Continue.
  4.      On the camera, press the Power/Mode button to highlight GoPro App, then press the Shutter/Select button to select it. Your camera is now in pairing mode.
  5. On your smartphone/tablet, complete these steps:
    1. Tap Continue.
    2. Tap Continue again.
    3. Enter the PIN displayed on your camera’s status screen, and then tap Pair.
    4. Create a new camera name and password.
    5. If you are using the app on an iOS device, go to Settings on your device, select the camera from the list of Wi-Fi options, and then return to the GoPro App.
    6. Tap the name of your camera.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

Re: GoPro won't pair with new update of capture. NEED URGENT HELP

Delete your previous connections (wi-fi and in the Capture app - I think its hold down on the picture of the camera in the Capture app and the delete option appears) and then follow these steps: (If at any time you are asked if the camera has been paired before, select "no")

1. On your smartphone/tablet, complete these steps:
    1. Download the GoPro App to your smartphone/tablet from the Apple® App Store, Google Play, or Windows® Phone marketplace.
    2. Open the app.
    3. Tap Connect Your Camera.
    4. Tap Add New Device.
    5. Tap HERO+.
  2. On the camera, complete these steps:
    1. Press the Power/Mode button to power on your camera.
    2. Press the Power/Mode button repeatedly to cycle to Setup.
    3. Press the Shutter/Select button twice to open the Wireless menu.
  3. On your smartphone/tablet, tap Continue.
  4.      On the camera, press the Power/Mode button to highlight GoPro App, then press the Shutter/Select button to select it. Your camera is now in pairing mode.
  5. On your smartphone/tablet, complete these steps:
    1. Tap Continue.
    2. Tap Continue again.
    3. Enter the PIN displayed on your camera’s status screen, and then tap Pair.
    4. Create a new camera name and password.
    5. If you are using the app on an iOS device, go to Settings on your device, select the camera from the list of Wi-Fi options, and then return to the GoPro App.
    6. Tap the name of your camera.