Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro won't download to PC or connect to external microphone

[ New ]

My ~1 year old GoPro Hero 7 Black has been having two issues that seem to be related as they started at the same time.

I am unable to download media to my PC using the provided USB cable. The screen indicates "USB connected", but my computer cannot access the files for import. I didn't have any issues doing this (with the same computer) only a few months ago. The workaround is to download via SD card, which works fine.

Also, I use an external microphone connected through the GoPro audio adapter (which also plugs in to the same USB-C port used for PC download). The GoPro has completely stopped picking up audio from this microphone and videos include the built-in audio as though the microphone was never connected.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro won't download to PC or connect to external microphone

[ New ]

Hello @mattg525

The steps on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows should help you out.

You can also try this: go to Device Manager> Find GoPro> Select "Disable" then "Enable".

If it's still the same try using a different cable.

Other users confirmed that using USB 3.1 and USB 3.0 works.

If you have a USB-C to Thunderbolt cable, it should also work. 

You may also transfer files using an SD card adapter/reader instead.

Regarding the audio. Does the camera work fine when used on its own?

Is the issue only isolated when the mic adapter is attached?

Check out External Microphone Information with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adaptor and Media Mod

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPro won't download to PC or connect to external microphone

[ New ]

Hello @mattg525

The steps on Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Windows should help you out.

You can also try this: go to Device Manager> Find GoPro> Select "Disable" then "Enable".

If it's still the same try using a different cable.

Other users confirmed that using USB 3.1 and USB 3.0 works.

If you have a USB-C to Thunderbolt cable, it should also work. 

You may also transfer files using an SD card adapter/reader instead.

Regarding the audio. Does the camera work fine when used on its own?

Is the issue only isolated when the mic adapter is attached?

Check out External Microphone Information with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adaptor and Media Mod

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej