Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

GoPro wall charger

Hey ive just received my gopro hero 8 from amazon and when i came to charge it, i see there is only a usb cable, and no wall charger.
I’ve looked in the instructions book and it’s basically saying - if you use a charger which is not gopro’s original wall charger, then the camera can be damaged.
Now if thats the case - then you should provide the wall charger along with the camera because otherwise it just makes no sense.
Now I don’t know what to do,
Do i charge my camera with my iphone wall charger, or do i need to buy gopro’s original wall charger separately or what ?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro wall charger

You can use any charger that outputs at 5V / 1-2A. An iPhone charger works great, and so does the USB port on your computer.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

I use an Anker Brick to charge just about all my stuff. Phones, GoPro's, remotes, and just about everything else I got. Plenty of power, well built, well designed.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/anker-powerport-6-lite-usb-wall-charger-black/6348855.p?skuId=6348855
Highlighted
Tourist

The iPhone charger works fine.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

You can use any charger that outputs at 5V / 1-2A. An iPhone charger works great, and so does the USB port on your computer.

Highlighted
Hiker

Coolio !
Thanks y’all.