Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro video on Instagram

[ New ]
When I share my GoPro footage on Instagram it looks like it was taken on one second time lapse instead of an actual video clip. Any ideas??
GoPro

Re: GoPro video on Instagram

[ New ]

Hello @oliverl0665,

How are you sharing your video? Is it directly from your phone's media gallery? Is it from Quik app for mobile? Also, are you sharing it to your IG Stories or feed? Have you been able to try it with another video? 

We would love to get more information so we can have a better understanding of the issue. A short video showing the issue would be helpful. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]
It's directly off the GoPro sd card put on my phone, so media gallery.., I'm sharing directly onto my feed, and videos off my phone play smoothly. I've had this GoPro issue in the past with a previous video. I'll see if I can get a clip. How do I add a clip to this thread?!
GoPro

[ New ]

Glad to hear back from you, @oliverl0665. The best way is to upload the video to YouTube and provide the link, or send in a link to a Dropbox or Google drive, if preferred. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
I'm sure it is! However it's Instagram I want to post it on, and it ain't working for some reason. Hence inquiring here. So a possible solution to posting my video directly on Instagram without all this glitching would be appreciated if possible‽
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @oliverl0665

I have made a test upload and it appears to be playing fine.

What is the version of your camera and the GoPro app?

Is it the same with other videos taken with your GoPro?

Thanks!

Ej 

Tourist

[ New ]
Newest version GoPro, didn't use the app, so shouldn't of effected anything.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @oliverl0665,

Can you please show us a sample video?

Try to upload it on youtube. 

We'll check the video. 

Also if you can upload the raw video file on dropbox or google drive that would help us as well. 

Also what is the SD card brand and model you're using? 

Thanks,

-Jay