Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro touch lag isn't fixed if navigating the screen with one hand

[ New ]

So there is still an issue with the touch screen that didn't get addressed. For instance, mounting my GoPro 9 on the chinbar of my helmet and trying to change the settings. The screen is still having lag issues unless I touch the GoPro with one hand, then touch the screen with my finger from my other hand. If I hold the helmet and not the GoPro and try to change settings the screen still has major touch lag. You can try this by putting the GoPro on a table, the floor, or a tripod, now with only your finger touching the GoPro, try to navigate the screen. You will get major touch lag again. Now if I touch the GoPro with one hand and use my finger from my other hand it works perfectly. Seems like a grounding issue. Give it a try and you will see what I'm talking about. Let me know if you get the touch lag again.

Nomad

Re: GoPro touch lag isn't fixed if navigating the screen with one hand

[ New ]

The Hero 8 shows the same behavior ...

Hiker

[ New ]
I will have to make a video and post it. My 8 works perfect my 9 doesn't.
Sightseer

[ New ]

You're right.

For me there's only a marginal improvement as well, even when touching the body with the rest of my hand.