Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro stops recording after a few minutes

Hello.

My GoPro 3+ Silver has worked fine until now, when I record, with waterproof case and windslayer, just the case, or no case and all possible covers removed, it still stops recording after a few minutes.

If I stop the recording before it freezes, the clip is saved, but if I let it record until the freeze, it stops recording, the video get corrupted, if even saved, and won't start filming again unless you take out the battery and put it back in,

The SD card is reformated through the GoPro and once throughly on the pc, but no luck.

GoPro is updated!

Recieving extra batteries soon, so I'll try that when they arrive, and probably have to get a new sd card to try if that works, even though it has worked since I bought it.

Anyone have a clue what to do?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro stops recording after a few minutes

@tojejik - Freezing is most often related to a bad SD card or a card that can't write fast enough to store the data. After a short while, it gets so far behind that it locks up. 

If you have access to another card on the list at https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations, it would be good to try that one to see if the issue still comes up.

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

@tojejik - Freezing is most often related to a bad SD card or a card that can't write fast enough to store the data. After a short while, it gets so far behind that it locks up. 

If you have access to another card on the list at https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations, it would be good to try that one to see if the issue still comes up.

Jeff

Tourist

Yeah thanks, I found out, tried an unused card, same type though, and it works now.

The old card was probably clogged up with bits and pieces and was too slow