Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro shoots burst photos itself...

[ Edited ]

Guys, I have a weird problem with my GoPro Hero 5 Black. Sometimes it just takes burst photos itself when is on. Also it misunderstand my voice commands, and sometimes when I say "GoPro, start recording" it shoots burst photo. But sometimes it works fine with that command. Anyone has had sucha a problem? 

Please advise.

Cheers, Artur.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro shoots burst photos itself...

@spiryridge73446 - I've had the camera shoot bursts (actually time lapses) when I've gone into QuikCapture mode. Is it doing it on its own (ie, when you aren't even touching the camera) or when you're trying to shoot in another mode like video or photos?

For the voice commands, it's possible it may be mishearing you. Speaking a little slower often helps in these situations.

Jeff

Highlighted
Hiker

@jefft few times it took burst photos itself when was being charged and was on ( I was actually using quick mode I think but I am pretty sure it took a photos itself, not because I clicked something on my phone..). And I am sure that it misunderstands me, because when I say even "GoPro, start", not even adding any other word, it either takes burst photo or change mode from video to burst mode. That is really weird and sometimes when I was recording myself with a stick I thought it is recording but actually the camera just took a burst photo. 

How to fix this?

Artur.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Not sure why that's happening, but if you give our Support team a call, they can try to work through this with you.

Highlighted
Hiker

@jefft Please see attached link to my google drive. There is a video showing the problem. Please watch the whole video.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-33Wk2XWZQeMGI2Qm9vZ21VU1E

I hope now it will be clear, at least regarding the GoPro's misunderstanding my voice commands...

Regards, Artur.

Highlighted
Hiker

@jefft What do you think about the video I sent you? Any advice how to solve this?

Regards, Artur.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

It does look like the camera is misunderstanding "GoPro Start Recording". Our Support team can help you out with this type of issue.
Highlighted
Hiker

@jefft How can I contact then?

Regards, Artur.