Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: GoPro session stops recording

As an update to my earlier post on this topic, I found that the first card I'd been using in the GoPro (a Sandisk ultra mini SD) actually seems to have become corrupted, so it may have been the specific card rather than the type. It doesn't work in another camera I have and it won't format in my PC or that camera. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

I have a GoPro Hero 3+, with the GoPro Battery BacPac the camera just stops recording altogether. When I started the camera the red light blinked on and I assumed it was working. When I checked the camera, no video. When I tried to restart all I got was the symbols for "Video", "Camera", Time-Lapse", but I would not start. I had to remove the BacPac battery and the interal Battery to reset.

I tried this morning sans BacPac and the camera worked fine. Needless to say I will be bringing back the bettery BacPac. Quite disappointing when you think you are shooting and epic ride and you get home and all is blank.

Anonymous

Same issue here and same card here. Going to try it at 960 and 720 to see if it still shuts off. This camera is pretty much useless to me at this point and I'm afraid I'm going to loose some fantastic moments this weekend when I am in Maui.

Explorer

Samsung Pro SD cards work flawlessly for me. I've had several issues with SanDisk so I never use them anymore. Lexar 633x or 1000x are also pretty good. The 633x is the cheapest option. You can also try doing a manual update. Even if the camera is on the latest firmware, this sometimes straightens it out. Hold down the shutter button until the camera resets. Format your card by selecting delete all in the camera. Download the update and restart the camera.

Hopefully this will get you going.

Regards,

Daniel
Anonymous

Camera working again with Backpac had to clear the camera and redo the update using the SD card. Thank-you GoPro support team for your help

Anonymous

Found it! My Hero4 Session suddenly stops recording after 5 secs... it is the microSD card. When I use the SanDisk UHS Class 3, works fine.. I purchased generic Class 10 and it always stops.. Class 10 is slower than UHS Class 3. You will find this problem with Canon DSLRs using slow chips as well. 

Here are some pics. hope they  help! I literally just figured this out now. 

Microsd.jpgIMG_5786.JPG

Anonymous

My Gopro 4 session also stop while it enter in water automatically...i need to restart it again after keep it inside water...and my camera also stop 1st after 10-15 sec of video...but after selecting again video recording it keep recording for long time..why so?
Anonymous

I'm pretty convinced it was my memory card. I got to Maui. Was using the SanDisk Ultra 32G and it kept shutting off. I stopped into the local Walmart and bought a Sandisk Extreme 64 and it's been flawless for the whole trip. Underwater, long recordings etc. Just invest in the better card.