Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: GoPro session stops recording

Thanks for the feedback.
Yeah I did actually try everything that was sugested on this thread but that disn't help.
I ended up swapping sd card from my Drift camera which worked so I am using that card until I figure out a way to downgrade the firmware or GoPro releases new one.
GoPro

Hey everyone, 

I'm glad to hear that using a different card is working for you! Again, I'm not sure why a card would stop working after an update, though, of course, an update does change the camera and it could be that in this new configuration the card simply didn't work as well with the camera anymore. Non-recommended cards can still work, but we have specifically tested the ones on the list. 

I wouldn't recommend searching for ways to downgrade your camera in order to use another card in it. There's really no guarantee that that's going to help, and you'd also be running a less advanced version of the firmware on the camera. Thank you for working with me to check out the problem, and hopefully you won't run into any others in the future!

Anonymous

Hello,

I have go pro here 4 session with SANDISK ULTRA® PLUS microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-I 32G class-10.

This is my 3rd replacement in 3 months and still have the same behaviour : video stops systematicaly after a short while. Same 

I'm about to give up as far as I do not have any clue from anybody to troubleshoot this...

I need strong requirement to buy a new card cause it is expensive and do not have need of it beside the gopro.

Thanks for you help.

JP

Anonymous

Sandisk cards apparently are ghe problem causing this to the GoPro (or if you look the other way, Go Pro isn't compatible with these cards)

Tourist

Hi,

same me for me - I'd been using the camera without any problems, then it persistently stopped recording after 2 seconds. Changed the card from a SanDisk ultra to a SanDisk extreme & it's fine now

Explorer

I had a Hero 2 that gave me all kinds of trouble until I changed the card. The card, SanDisk. From that time on I have only used Samsung and Lexar and only had one issue and that was because my son dropped my Hero 3 in the pool without the protective case. I put the camera in rice for a week and it came back to life but I did have to reformat the card in my computer. Until I did the reformat the camera would seem to work and then suddenly shut off or become unresponsive. After the reformat, the problem didn't return.

My advice now is, but Samsung Pro or Lexar x633 or x1000 and ALWAYS format the card in your computer before putting it in your camera for the first time.

Daniel
Tourist

I have the same problem!   I noticed the problem started after I paired my GoPro Hero4 Session for a gopro remote.  My recordings stop after a few seconds.  I updated the camera firmware and deleted / reformatted the micro sd card.  Any solutions GoPro?  If not, I will be reutrning my purchase.  I am disspointed with this "Hero" experience.

Explorer

@mamkramer

Just wondering, what SD card are you using?

Daniel