Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: GoPro session stops recording

I have the same issue at first it was doing fine. Now everytime I hit the record button it'll record but it will stop after a few seconds and won't save the video. I tried resetting but still won't work.
I'm running 1080 @ 30 with scandisk 32gb
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous, 

Sorry to hear you're running into that problem. Did you try using a recommended SD card like the other users in this thread did? 

Anonymous

I am having the very same issue. the camera will also lock-up and not power down unless I press and hold the camera to start photo mode, and then press and hold again to turn it off.

My session camera is only a few weeks old and I as I've not owned a GoPro before I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. Unfortunately I was snorkeling in Hawai'i yesterday on vacation and it seems I've lost some great footage of sea turtles as a result. I did notice the camera gave a message while underwater that it was 'repairing damaged file' at one point.

I did not know about the reset method but have just tried that and it seems to be the same problem - any second attempt to video without going through the multi-shot mode results in a few seconds recording and shut-off. Any further advice on this would be helpful. I do not believe I changed any settings from the factory settings. I was shooting in 1080p30fpsW I have a Kingston 64GB class 10microSDXC.

I live in Canada and believe this is recording in North American format.

GoPro

Hi @Anonymous, 

As noted earlier in this thread, these issues can be caused by the SD card and I would recommend trying out your camera with a card from the recommended list of cards that have been tested. 

You could also try reformatting the card that you already have, using either the GoPro App or your computer. And finally, you could try updating the firmware of the camera manually HERE. (Note that the serial number is inside the side door of the Session)

Let us know if the problem continues!

Anonymous

I have the same problem which started after the latest update. Camera just stops recording after 20 odd seconds and crashes. I am using a class 10 kingston sd card which has been working perfectly fine until now. I appreciate you are trying to help by saying to use a supported card.

Can you advise why my card was working before the update but only stopped working as soon I updated to latest firmware? Is it a bug in the latest firmware and GoPro has just removed the support for all other cards?

Thanks in advance.

GoPro

Hi @Anonymous, 

To be honest I'm not totally sure why this would happen. It wouldn't make sense to purposely make cards incompatible, as that would just make using a GoPro more difficult; there would be no benefit for anybody there. 

I'm not saying for certain that it's the card. Rather I'm thinking that would be a good step to try to see if it might be the cause of the problem. Have you already tried reformatting your card since the update?

Anonymous

Well I bought a new card from the supported list and the problem went away immediately. I have been using it without problems for over a week now. So yes, the card is the cause of the problem.
Anonymous

Good day, this is what I did.

bought a new card LEXAR 64 GB 633x and no problem so far.