Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: GoPro session stops recording

Hi @chrisediting, @Anonymous, @Anonymous, @Anonymous and any other members who may be following this thread, 

Great conversation going on here. I'm really glad to see that you guys were able to resolve the problems you were experiencing when filming with your HERO4 Session cameras!

I did want to step in to clarify, for the benefit of anybody reading this post, that ALL of the cards on the GoPro-recommended list have been tested by our engineers and seen to work well with our cameras, including the SanDisk Extreme. Of course everyone is entitled to their own preference on which card to use, but in correction to one of the posts on this thread, GoPro does not recommend Lexar as a brand over SanDisk or over any other card on our recommended list.

If anyone hasn't seen the list of SD cards to use with your GoPro camera, it can be found in the link below:

Recommended SD Cards

All the best,

Matt B.

GoPro Support Hub Moderator

Anonymous

I' ve been using this camera (hero session) ever since it came our with the same sd card (64 gb sandisk PLUS) and never had a problem, until I am guessing the last software update.

The camera just stopped working as it was supposed to. Recordings (with different settings) just stopped , the camera most of the time has to be turned off to be able to access it.  I tried to reinstall the update, but no improvement.

Really disappointed.

GoPro

Hi @Anonymous, 

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I don't totally understand what you're describing the camera as doing. When you say "recordings just stopped" do you mean the recordings stop mid recording or that you are no longer able to record at all? And when you say the camera needs to be turned off to access it, do you mean to be able to access it via Wi-Fi or in some other way? 

Did you see this change occur suddenly after updating it, or did it occur later on? 

The SanDisk Extreme Plus card should definitely work in the camera. Have you tried reformatting the card and then putting it back in the camera? And what happens if you just press the shutter button once with the camera turned off. Does it turn on and start filming? 

Hopefully we can get the issue figured out. 

Anonymous

Hello, the camera stops recording after 2-3 minutes (doesn't matter the type of video, I tried them all).

When it stops recording it freezes and cannot be accessed with any buttons or via the app.

I have to force quit it and turn it back on.

I did format the sd many times and tried a different card as well.

It is frustrating since it always worked fine and all f a sudden just started being unresponsive.

Anonymous

Hi Marco, 

I got the same problem using a SanDisk card, I change to Lexar an all is working perfect, now, I dont know why but is working.

good luck!

tx

Anonymous

I had the same problem with Sandisk sUltra, the camera could not record on the SD card, the seconds counter was skipping seconds and it needed restart to start responding again.
After putting a faster Sandisk Extreme 90MB/s Class 10 UHS-I U3 all problems went away.

Anonymous

Hi I also have the exact same issue as descibed by the OP.

I have ordered a faster card:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lexar-microSDHC-Adapter-Compatible-Smartphones/dp/B011O3UBBO?ie=UTF8&psc=1&r...

I will let you know how it goes. 

Anonymous

Good day and Happy Easter.

I will try today witha new/faster card

Ciao