Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: GoPro session stops recording

Hello Chris,

I made the instructions you pass us reset, pro tune off, NTSC, same results.

What isnstrange is that camera does not stop always in the same second, yesterday was 5s recording today was 20s recording 😁

We wait for your reply

Thanks!

Txomin

Anonymous

Hi Chris

i've been using 1080 at 30fps and 720 at 30fps in PAL mode with pro tune off. I think the issue was with the card. I don't think the Sandisk ultra was up to the job even though it's class 10. I have just picked up a Sabdisk Extreme UHS1 which has been recording for 15 minutes now without issue. Files exist and transferred.

Battery now needs charging after yesterday's repeated attempts to get it working. Will test some more today. Looking forward to capturing some high adrenaline footage of lunch at the in-laws😂

Will post again this evening.

Anonymous

I have attempted all of your suggestions, and still no luck. At this point do we believe there is a fault with the GoPro itself?

Anonymous

Apologies if you are already using cards from the recommended list, but swapping my card for a Sandisk Extreme appears to have rectified the issue for me. I have run the camera off a full charge without a problem. Just charging for another go. I think my original card coped up to a point and gave up. It appears that not all class 10 cards are created equal and that using cards from the recommended list is to be, err... umm... recommended!

i will provide updates over the next few days.

Backpacker

Sorry to hear about that @Anonymous, @Anonymous.

@Anonymous Did say, he change his SD Card now thinking about that

there might be an issue with the SD Card. I would recommend a Lexar SD Card.

The GoPro Media team would recommend that SD Card more than SanDisk.

SanDisk are great but there's some bugs with them some times.

So try getting New SD Cards, if not you can get a new camera from support: http://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Sorry to hear about this everybody.

Anonymous

Hi @chrisediting,

I change to a Lexar class 10 and yesterday make some videos, looks all is ok, even tje conection to the iphone is faster and and live view is better.

I will try this days more tests and let you know how is going.

Negative point to SanDisk from my part, possitive point for this forum!

Thanks for the help.

Txomin
Backpacker

Thanks for your reply @Anonymous.

Yeah it's a bit sad that the SanDisk have some issues. 

But, nothing is perfect. So it sounds like your camera

if fine, and working now like @Anonymous.

Chris

Anonymous

Hi All

Just to let you know we've had no issues today with a morning of indoor time lapse and and afternoon filming a cycle ride. Everything captured okay. Sandisk Extreme card has been fine for me. As stated previously the ultra doesn't appear to be up to the job.

john