Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: GoPro session stops recording

[ Edited ]

Sightseer

I was bought a hero 4 session as a present and have tried numerous times with very limited success. Sometimes it records indoors but virtually ever time I actually take it out on a bike ride I encounter problems with it stopping recording. I think I managed about 6 short videos on the only ride it has worked on until it stopped.

I have all but given up with the camera as I am out for a bike ride not sorting out constant technical issues with a device. 

I would never recommend one of these devices to anyone, and it seems by the number of comments on this thread there are a large number of problems with device.

Based on the comments I have read so far I could end up buying numerous SD cards in a attempt to get it working, so on that basis I won't bother.

Sightseer

Sightseer

Sam e issue as the other guys, with the same settings, I have had my GoPro for a couple of years, with the same sd card, same card as the other guys, Sandisdk 32gb micro sdhc10, I have tried the reset you recommended and changing to NTSC But still switches off after 6 seconds.

Sightseer

I had the same problem, it would stop recording at 9 seconds. I ended up going to the delete page where u have an option to format the SD card (you will erase all your content) and that fixed my problem.. I also changed my video format to PAL before the format also but I'm not sure if that was a contributing factor.