Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

GoPro session stops recording

[ Edited ]

My Hero 4 Session repeatedly cuts out while I am filming. This usually happens after a few seconds of recording...the camera will shut off and the footage won't be saved. I'm shooting on 1080 at 25fps in PAL mode (I live in Eurpoe) and I'm using a class 10 SanDisk 32BG micro sd. I've tried re formatting my memory card inside the camrea, updating the software, syncing with the app, ensuring that the camera is fully chaged and the memory card is empty. Am I doing something wrong or could the GoPro be faulty?

Anonymous

Re: GoPro session stops recording

Hi, I get the same problem, same configuration, camera stop recording after 5s

Please help!!!😁
Anonymous

Sorry, can't offer a solution, but the same is happening to me. Only bought it yesterday. Ran some time lapses okay yesterday and two video clips this morning, but since then it's been cutting out and not capturing anything. Brand new clas 10 card as well. In all likelihood it will be going back.

Backpacker

Sorry to hear about that @Anonymous, and @Anonymous.

Right away I have to say, that's a bit odd?

That the camera would cancel the video.

Could you reply back with the setting you have, and when you record do you

use the app, or do you use quickcapture with the one button feature?

Thanks 

Chris

Anonymous

Thanks for getting back to me Chris. I'm shooting on 1080 at 25fps in PAL mode, and I'm using a class 10 SanDisk 32BG micro sd. I've tried shooting both using the app and using the quickcapture feature, however the camera still cuts out after a few seconds. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Hi Chris,

I am using the same configuration like Meganc61 1080 at 25 fps in PAL also with the same SanDisk micro sd, I also try other configurations less resolution and also in 50 fps, same results.

I am try to record from the camera and from the app, the app loose the live view quite often and i also realize that in the screen of the camera the dial from the seconds get slow couting the seconds until camera stop.

I try to record again and the camera was block with the red led on.

Thank you very much for the support!

Anonymous

[ Edited ]

If it is of assistance I am experiencing the same issue with both the app and one touch. Card is a Sandisk ultra 32 gb up to 80mbs. Card is not on the list but worked fine yesterday and this morning. May test with a Sandisk extreme in the morning and post back my findings.

Backpacker

[ Edited ]

Thanks for replying back @Anonymous, @Anonymous.

And Sorry hearing your having the same issue @Anonymous.

So @Anonymous, & @Anonymous now I have to say,

this is a bit odd for the camera, but lets troubleshoot a couple things.

Here is a list of test (Reply with your results)

1.) Reset the camera holding the power & mode for 10 sec, and see if the camera crashes again.

2.) Try disabling protune if protune is on. And see if it crashes.

3.) Try switching your camera video format to NTSC instead of PAL. This won't hurt your camera.

If that crashes there's an issue, and needs more trouble shooting, if the camera doesn't crashes.

Then well contact the developers to show that's there's bugs for PAl.

Hopefully we can figure out what the issue is. 

Now @Anonymous,

Could you reply with your settings also, and troubleshoot so I can have all 3 together on the conversations.

Thanks.

Hope this helps. 

Chris