Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro repairs

I have a GroPro hero 5 and the "door" that covers the port is broken at the hinge point.  Can this be repaired?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro repairs

Yes it can.
Find your closest speciality electronic repair.
Or
IFIXIT has some great tutorials alongside with parts of you want to tackle it yourself.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

Yes it can.
Find your closest speciality electronic repair.
Or
IFIXIT has some great tutorials alongside with parts of you want to tackle it yourself.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @aureliob3. There are replacement doors available at https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/accessories/replacement-door/AAIOD-003.html . The color may be different but the size and shape are exactly the same as that of the HERO5 Black. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

The link you posted shows the replacement door is only fits the gopro 7, does it fit the gopro 5 as well?

Highlighted
Nomad

Seriously?

" The color may be different but the size and shape are exactly the same as that of the HERO5 Black."

Highlighted
Hiker

I understand where he's coming from.
If the product isn't the one listed on the webpage, you would want to double check.

In this case you're fine my friend. This is the correct part (even though it's a different model), but if you don't feel confident in buying this part, you can always go to the speciality repair shops.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks a bunch my fellow GoPro-ian