Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

GoPro purchase checkout is demented

Endless loop. Checkout with PayPal, yes, sending you back to GoPro, oh - click PayPal again to pay. Ugh.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro purchase checkout is demented

[ Edited ]

Hello @runbei. By any chance, are you doing a pre-order, or ordering under the Trade Up program? Please note that PayPal payments do not work for these orders. 

Due to limitations regarding pre-authorizations with PayPal, we will not be accepting PayPal as a form of payment during our pre-order/trade up. If you would like to pre-order our new camera or buy under Trade Up, please use a debit or credit card, otherwise stay tuned for when the camera will be available for regular purchase. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

Having the some issues, and Gopro Chat keeps saying the problem is on my end. Been trying for over a week now.

CASE #07126689

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hello @runbei. By any chance, are you doing a pre-order, or ordering under the Trade Up program? Please note that PayPal payments do not work for these orders. 

Due to limitations regarding pre-authorizations with PayPal, we will not be accepting PayPal as a form of payment during our pre-order/trade up. If you would like to pre-order our new camera or buy under Trade Up, please use a debit or credit card, otherwise stay tuned for when the camera will be available for regular purchase. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Hi Mariustanya. No, as a Plus subscriber I was simply ordering a lanyard with rubber enclosure for the Hero 8. I finally just typed in my PayPal Mastercard debit card number which worked fine. I do believe there's a bug in the regular PayPal process, as it failed the same way in Firefox and Chrome: as I described, an endless loop. 1. Click to pay with PayPal. 2. I'm taken to the PayPal login, payment appears to go through, and I'm taken back to GoPro. 3. Now I see the PayPal payment page again. 4. Checking PayPal, I see that no payment has been deducted. 5. I receive an email from PayPal, asking if I want to complete the transaction.