Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro max samsung note 10 issues

Just got my new gopro Max and the samsung note 10 has major rendering issues with 360 files.. all other modes work but 360 footage my camera looks broken
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro max samsung note 10 issues

I might have the same issue. All footage looks fine but when i view my 360 recordings on my note 10 one side is all black or very dark. Like a giant dark circle.
Tourist

same issue. The preview of a 360 video clip looks fine on the device. When I look at it in view media on my samusung galaxy note 10+, the back side or the side with the screen looks like an inverse or negative image. When I save it in the app, it looks better, but the part of the image captured by the back side is super blurry, and distorted like it had a bunch of filters applied, trying to make it look like the front side video. Images look fine. Both 360 video at 5.6k 30fps and 24fps and timewarp are affected. GoPro app version: 6.2 (8306). 

Tourist

exactly the same issue i am having.  i called gopro this morning and the person i talked to said that i was the first to report something like that.  She also said she didnt hear of any known issues that others are having.  but bascially later in the day she emailed back and said to update the version on the max and reformat my SD card.  It was already at the lastest version (1.30) but i followed her instructions anyways.  And the issue still remains....

Tourist

Also, I just tested the same camera and same videos with an LG V20 phone and everything looks fine. Both preview in-app, and downloaded to app videos look great. So this seems to be a problem with Samsung Galaxy Note 10+.

Is there another way to move videos to my computer than through the gopro app?

Hiker

I can't get beyond 92% when trying to render on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ it just sits there. How long shgould it take? It gets to 92% quite quickly on a 1min long video, just no further???

GoPro

Hello everyone! Sorry to hear about the trouble. This is definitely not the kind of experience we want you to have.

See if clearing the cache on the app (phone) settings (just clear cache and not clear data) & restarting your phone will help. It may also be worth a try to reset the connections -- reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions here

We'd also like to gather more details to help further isolate the issue. Please post back with the following details:

• Does the live preview exhibit the same issue?
  • Do you get the same result after downloading the content into the app?
  • Does it happen to all footage? If not, what's the video resolution of the affected contents?
  • Does it only apply to contents captured in HERO mode? 360 mode?
  • GoPro App version installed.
  • What's the phone model used and mobile OS installed?

In the meantime, if you want to transform your 360 footage into shareable videos and photos through your computer, you can also use the GoPro Player (Mac) and GoPro MAX Exporter (Windows).

Hoping to hear back from you.

Hiker

This happens when trying to edit 360 video down to a fixed window "overcapture type thing. The Hero mode I don't edit in app, I do it on my PC as my editor is easier to use, but the 360 stuff should be easier on a purpose built app... which this is supposed to be. I have spent around half our or so with one of the GoPro chat people, they were unable to help other than to tell me to delete the app and reinstall (which I have done... but still can't render beyond 95%