Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro max samsung galaxy s20 issues

What I dont get is, when I play 360 footage via gopro cloud on my s20, it is amazing. After downloading the 360 to my phone and watch the same video, its terrible. Somethings not right.
Highlighted
Tourist

I' have one I love mines. So you have a gopro.?
Highlighted
Hiker

@humsuplow  ha scritto:
Not being rude but its funny when someone puts up a remark telling others not to buy the gopro max in the support forum.

I didn't buy it. Luckily I read the forum BEFORE purchasing. Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Nomad

When you play the file from the cloud, you're playing a streaming file that's using a different bunch of decoders and protocols.  When you play the file from your phone, you're playing the original file that's using a different processing engine to deal with the encoding.  

Since the S20 is pretty much a brand new phone, GoPro are playing catchup with trying to fix the bugs associated with the graphics driver.  There's also only so much they can do, especially if it's an issue on the Samsung side of things.  Maybe companies don't like competition especially since the failure of their ability to launch their own 360 camera. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Betreff: GoPro max samsung galaxy s20 issues

I have the same problem, galaxy s20+ (exynos).
Is there any update or acknowledgement of the issue? I kinda liked the Max so far...
Highlighted
Tourist

Betreff: GoPro max samsung galaxy s20 issues

Yeah buddy, they've acknowledged it. As per my post on the previous page though, they're not actively working on it - it's got no set timeframe to be fixed. I left the beta group and gave up hope, really.
Highlighted
Tourist

Oh wow my note s10 plays great. I wonder those s20 not doing so well.
Highlighted
Tourist

It looks like only the exynos variant is affected. Maybe some issue with the GPU driver or sth.