Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro max samsung galaxy s20 issues

New update, problem still exists. I hope I don’t have to wait for a few years to come

Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same issues as the first video. It Just looks awefull.. samsung s20 and gopro max
Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya Please tell us the dates when Samsung galaxy s20 series support will appear? This is a new popular models, it’s a shame that you have to wait so long to solve this problem... Thank you

Highlighted
GoPro

We will do, @stoutflame15581, once we have the information. Our Dev team is working on it. We will keep you posted through this thread when we get an update from the team. Thanks!

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Hi mariustanya,

This is happening to me too using the Go Pro 6.10 app, I believe this is a Samsung S20 Exynos 990 incompatibility, not sure if @stoutflame15581 has specificied with which chipset they are using, 

I am not using battery saver and my remove animations are off. I have noticed the GoPro compatibility for Samsung phones in the past were for the Snapdragon chipset.

Thank you for passing it onto the dev team @mariustanya, I suspect it will be a while before this gets resolved as the Exynos chip has been used in all of Europe whereas in the US it is the snapdragon.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Just wanted to add, that I just tried on my old Samsung S9 with the Exynos 9810 and it works without the artifacts.
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the details you shared, @vuongh. @stoutflame15581 cited in his earlier post that his phone has Exynos990 also. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm having the same issues too. Running on Samsung galaxy s20 plus