Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro max samsung galaxy s20 issues

Well installed the latest app that came out today and it still hasen't fixed the issue I suspect this will never be sorted now as Gopro will have their hands full sorting out bugs with the new GoPro 9 unbelievable that the GoPro Max cannot work with 2 of the top end Samsung phones. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Dia 16-09-2020 un dia muy importante se presenta la gopro hero 9 hace practicamente 1 año que salio la gopro max y seguimos sin poder utilizarla en nuestros samsungs s20 esto es una verguenza.

Highlighted
Hiker

Please don't buy Gopro 9. Take Intsa360r instead, its much better in all ways! You can see in this thread and how gopro give a **bleep** about you.

Highlighted
Nomad

The issue in question is with GoPro Max footage editing on the Samsung Galaxy S20.  I read there is a bug in the phones graphics processor that causes the issue of artifacts in the rendered footage.  GoPro can't fix someone elses issue and Samsung are under no obligation to release a fix for someone else's camera (don't forget, Samsung tried to get into the 360 camera market and lost out terribly, I also read they hampered other video editors before by ensuring their phones didn't support multiple codecs at once.  Are they trying to scupper the people who beat them hands down?).  If your car springs an oil leak and your engine starts smoking, do you blame the oil company?  Or do you blame the car company who's engine sprang an oil leak?  So question is, how many people here went on the Samsung Forums and demanded a fix?

GoPro were working on a work around for the S20 issues and that's a problem in itself, develop a workaround that doesn't slow the app in any way and doesn't stop the app working on hundreds of other android based smart devices.  Unfortunately their resources were pulled aside because more users wanted to use their camera as a webcam than there were people who owned a Samsung S20. 

There's still a ticket for a workaround open and there are GoPro staff pushing for this fix as a priority, but the simple fact is that numbers matter.  If 99% of users want and need their GoPro to work as a webcam and 1% of users have a Samsung S20....... who do you think should be the priority? 

Yes it sucks that you can't edit the Max footage on your Samsung phone, heck for an entire year, I couldn't edit Fusion footage on my Samsung phone, however GoPro did eventually come out with a fix and ... it didn't work perfectly.  GoPro didn't give up though, they kept releasing fixes and eventually they knocked it out of the park, editing footage is now a breeze.  

So patience is a virtue and while your fix may not be here today, be assured, GoPro are working on it and with the hard work of their staff behind the scenes, it will be fixed.  It's just a case of priorities.

Highlighted
Hiker

Entiendo si, pero entonces quizás deberían de informar que dispositivos no son compatibles con la app no? Insta360 así lo hace en su página web, por otro lado no me quejaria si este fallo también existiera en las demás 360 ya que quizás no tendría solución o seria muy complicado pero veo que otras marcas como es insta360 no tienen ese problema con este procesador lo cual me hace saber que hay solución y tratándose de Gopro creo que ya debería estar solucionada.
Highlighted
Tourist

Sadly getting the Note 20 Ultra to edit video footage on was one of the main reasons I got the phone if its going to take over a year to fix the issue I will end up getting a insta 360 first.