Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro makes highlights each second by itself (Hero 6 Black)

My GoPro seems to make highlights all by itself each second while recording a video..

When I'm done recording and try to press the record button again. My GoPro changes to photo modus also by itself.

It's kinda annoying and frustrating. Maybe there is dirt underneath the power button? Maybe it's my SD-card?

Hopefully you guys can help me..

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro makes highlights each second by itself (Hero 6 Black)

Thanks for trying the suggested steps. @jamsonie

It will be best to reach out to our Support Team.

Please reach out to them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @jamsonie,

Thanks for reaching out. It seems strange for the camera to automatically add HiLight Tags or change modes without the user pressing the Mode button on the camera. I do have a couple of things to check with you that will help us further isolate the issue.

• Remove the SD card from your camera. Observe if the issue happens without the SD card inserted.
  • See if using the camera outside of the Mounting Frame shows any sign of the problem.

To eliminate possible firmware issue, reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified in this article: Software Update Instructions for HERO6 Camera

Let us know how it goes.

Kind Regards,
Ann

Highlighted
Tourist

Dear @aenriquez ,

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately I've tried all the things you've said in your comment and I even bought a new SD-card.

But nothing stops the GoPro from making HiLight Tags each second by itself..

I have no idea what to do right now and hopefully this can be fixed.

Kind Regards,

Jason

Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for trying the suggested steps. @jamsonie

It will be best to reach out to our Support Team.

Please reach out to them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej