Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

GoPro is a no no

[ New ]

First of all credit is due to the fact I do get call back pretty quickly. Usually within a few hours. Chat doesn't ever work but request call back does. Sadly it stops there for praise and this is why 

A) paid for max and 12 month subscription from GoPro site. Had 1 month trial subscription running as I wait for the camera and was assured that as soon as that runs out the 12 months subscription will kick in (it didn't) 

B) spoke to rep on phone and was told subscription will be fixed and back to normal (it didn't)

C) spoke to another rep and this time told that I should pay £50 to activate it again and then get a refund (no refund)

D) Max has a massive issue and I will refuse to send it to gopro as I got it from them online. Will take ages no doubt for anything to happen. Instead... Buy another from Amazon and send the broken one back to them. Will get my refund quicker that way.

So sad that gopro treats loyal and new customers this way. All I request is my refund please of £50. All I had was very kind and caring call centre staff who are very polite when they speak to me but sadly none of my issues get resolved. I bought the 9 for my wife too. Want to give GoPro a chance but hope that they reach out and assist and help me.

Kind regards 

GoPro

Re: GoPro is a no no

[ New ]

Hello, @neon-euc. Based on the records, you have not been charged for the annual subscription. The order for MAX included a camera discount, not an annual GoPro Subscription.

Also, we see that you subscribe via Google Play. According to Support, such subscription has not been charged and you are still on a free trial. We are unable to issue any refund if the subscription was not charged and was not done through the web. 

If this is not the case and you have been actually charged, please send me a screenshot (through a direct message) showing such charge (from the bank or any other form) so I can bring it back to Support. Many thanks!

We see your contact request with Support for your MAX lens issue. Support will follow up with you as soon as agents are available. Please keep the lines open. 

Nomad

[ New ]
Thank you for the reply. But here is evidence I had to pay again. Just this second received a call back from support who said it will take a few days. They actually woke me up as they called 7.15am uk time lol can't complain tho. But was told it will take a few days for the refund. How come you can't see the subscription purchase on your side? Bit worrying.
Screenshot_20201029-072101_Outlook.jpg
Nomad

[ New ]

Screenshot_20201029-071956_Google Play Store.jpg
Nomad

[ New ]
As you can see I paid the full price of £379 which is from the gopro site
Screenshot_20201029-072611_Outlook.jpg
Nomad

[ New ]
And it clearly states that I should get 1 year subscription on here which I did not get. So I am now owed the £50 refund as I clearly had to pay for it to get it activated. And please provide screen shot your end to see where my "discount" is applied.
Screenshot_20201029-072817_Opera.jpg
Nomad

[ New ]
And all my calls are automatically recorded too. So it's a bit worrying when one rep says my 12 month subscription will kick in automatically after my 1 month free trial then it doesn't, then another rep said it will be put correctly and it doesn't, and another rep told me to purchase it and will be issued a refund, and now you saying you can't find it on your system and I got a discount instead on the camera when I obviuously didn't. I am more then happy to wait for the refund in 5-7 days as standard. But a little bit worried as you can not see that I have to purchase the subscription again. But full credit to the gopro staff for always getting back to me every time I requests a call back. Please give me an update your end too with regards on why I had to pay again for subscription and why it says I got a discount as I am interested to know to see what has gone wrong.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @neon-euc. Based on the image that you posted, there is no item for GoPro Subscription. The fourth image that bears the same amount as the order that you made only applies to new subscribers. See terms and conditions for details. 

On the third image that you posted, you got a camera discount because the email address that you used for your order at the time was associated with an active subscription. The item labeled PWEBDISC -83.34 is the camera discount.

While the total amount that you paid may be the same, the products/services included are different due to the different statuses for the subscription.

We have verified with the Subscriptions team and they confirm that there was no charge to subscription associated with your order. The current subscription that you have is still on a free trial.