Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro iPhone app cannot connect to camera since iOS13 update

I updated my iPhone 6s this week to the new iOS 13 and since the update, can no longer connect my camera to the app. I am using a Hero 3 white and had no issue connecting thru wifi until the update. I have tried updating the camera firmware & wifi, and deleted the app and reinstalled. It is able to "pair the camera" but it cannot connect to it, the screenshot of the error message is below. 

Does anyone have any ideas on the issue?

Screenshot 2019-09-22 at 4.47.22 PM.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro iPhone app cannot connect to camera since iOS13 update

Hi @loyalflame27870

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Following updates, it's a good idea to restart your phone before re-pairing your camera to the GoPro app. This should resolve your issue!

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[bump] If anyone has any input on the issue, it would be appreciated. Again, it can pair the camera, but just cannot connect to control it trhough wifi. I get the impression it maybe a bluetooth software conflict as it seems to want to use that, but my version does not have a bluetooth connection for the app, only through wifi.

GoPro

Hello @loyalflame27870. Try updating your device to  iOS13.1 and see if the connection goes through. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

ios13.1 on an ip7plus still wont work. Been battling on this since the ios13 update.. but it works flawlessly even on an older iphone with ios12.4.
GoPro

@daledan, sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are aware of the issue and will be addressing this in a future update to the GoPro App. The software update release information is posted at https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/Software-Update-Release-Information . You will receive a notification from the app once an update is rolled out.

Tourist

Thank you. I did, but unfortunately nothing changed.
Tourist

Thank you for confirming, at least I know it's just not my devices.
Tourist

Thank you for the update. Is there any ETA as in when they think they will have the correction by, or is this a low priority issue?