Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro hero7 connection problems

I have been trying to connect my GoPro hero7 for days, and the app says “make sure your GoPro is on, close by, and has WiFi enabled.” I have turned my phone on and off, deleted and redownloaded the app, turned the GoPro on and off, and yet it still says I need WiFi enabled. I went online and could not find an answer to my question. Help!
Thanks.
D4C91A41-F97F-4177-8666-AA2E9D25B9F0.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro hero7 connection problems

Hi @mythicalbeast

What phone are you using?

Please follow the steps below: 
Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions on https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Reset-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password/ta-p/394276
Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro.
Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

@aragon1006
Thank you for the instructions! I tried all of these, but it is still saying I have a bad connection. I was up in the mountains earlier, and I figured that the bad connection on the GoPro was due to the bad WiFi in the mountains. I am back at home now on the regular WiFi, and it is still not working. Also I am on iOS phone.
Highlighted
Tourist

I tried it on my dad’s phone, and it worked. I’m not sure what’s wrong with mine...
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @mythicalbeast. The connectivity between the phone and the camera is not dependent on the Wi-Fi signal (one for Internet usage). Which OS is your phone running on, and which model is it that you are using? It is important that the phone is updated to the latest OS version for its model. 

Once done, restart your phone and try pairing with the camera again. Connectivity should be working this time. If the issue persists, reset Wi-Fi connection by forgetting GoPro first from the list of Wi-Fi networks on your phone settings and deleting it from the list of Bluetooth devices. Also, remove the camera from the list on the GoPro App. Then, try again.