Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro hero5 status light is on and camera wont turn on

Hi everyone,

I haven't used my GoPro for a decent time. Now when I tried to turn on it said that battery is low ofcourse. I charged in on my laptop for few hours.

Now the status light keeps to be red ( it turns off only if you remove the battery) and the GoPro wont turn on, not even its accesible through the PC.

It doesnt make any change even if I connect it to the computer without battery or without SD card.

Please help!

Adventurer

Re: GoPro hero5 status light is on and camera wont turn on

If the camera is over heated, nothing will work till it reaches an opratable tempiture.   you can place in a cooler area till it is   ready to ttry again.  

If you can try without the bat see if you can  get the camera to go on with a ac outlet and charger not laptop port.

On the App or or website always on the bottom is a number to call.  if you are not of the region call gopro orchat during tehir working hours.   and  maybe they can walk you thorugh stome steps .

Sightseer

I am trying without battery aswel, conecting to pc doesnt make any difference nor connecting to AC.

Camera does give any signs of life, just the red light is on. I am experiencing this issue for more than 24h
GoPro

Hi @royalriver74330,

It would be best to contact GoPro Customer Support. 

They might be able to help. 

Contact them via phone to Chat. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay 

Adventurer

Sounds like hardware gave get to gopro as only the online mod can direct not fix.