Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro hero 9 horizon leveling

[ New ]

I just received my GoPro hero 9 today (10/21/2020) I updated the firmware after charging the camera. After I charged the camera I wanted to try out some of the new features on it like horizon leveling. Upon doing so I noticed that whenever I moved he camera side to side whenever I stoped moving my hand the footage would jitter. I tried different setting and different SD cards which I have a few of including the new one that came with the GoPro and still the same thing.  Also, the camera seem to sometimes just turn off out of nowhere then turn back on whenever I am I am transferring files from the camera to the app. Anyone else having this issue? 

GoPro

Re: GoPro hero 9 horizon leveling

[ New ]

Hi @superwater62805

What SD card are you using?

How was the last update done?

What were the settings used?

Do you observe the same if using a different resolution?

It will also help if you can share a sample file.

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

PLEASE not the standard questions again! There are now tons of postings on the subject - all with the same statement and explanations (too little light, therefore too long shutter speed, which is why the picture is blurred ...). All nonsense! The described effect only occurs in connection with the horizon compensation and it also occurs when the video is NOT stabilized in the camera, but is stabilized with ReelSteady AND the horizon compensation is active (lock horizon). The original video is sharp! So it can't be because the shutter speed is too slow! Not even on the SD card used. The effect only occurs when the camera is tilted and the hand is shaking (i.e. strong vibrations are generated).

Tourist

[ New ]
PLEASE not another **bleep**! This issue is happening even outside in daylight! I’ve tried factory setting which I noticed the issue and tried changing the settings. So please save it. If u don’t like it u can skip on or not get on with ur day. Have a nice day
Tourist

[ New ]
Hello I’ve tried 3 of my SD cards. The one that came with the purchase, one that I had that is the same and another one that is the sandisk extreme plus. I did the update as soon as I charge the GoPro and turned it on to try it out so it’s up to date. First I tried it out with the factory settings then I changed them. I saw changing them made it better but I can still see the footage is shaky when horizon leveling is turned on. I’ll be taking some video and uploading it. The issue is mainly seen in low light but also outside during the day with plenty of light.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @superwater62805

Let our Support Team check on this further.

Please  submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej