Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: GoPro hero 9 Black - Timelapse Problems

[ New ]

I tried this with two different Hero 9s, no problems. I'm using Extreme Pro 128GB  in both cameras.

Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem for me.

I'm thinking that the processor is unable to consistently write RAW + JPG files with at 5secs. Which would be why 10secs and above works- it allows more time to write data to the card. Nightlapse has similar issues with the shortest exposure periods.

It could also be that the buffer isn't bigger to hold enough data for the files to be written. It'd be interesting to see if a timelapse of a black or white solid worked. That should have smaller files (certainly with jpegs).

Hero 9
SanDisk Extreme 32GB
5 secs Timelapse
Raw

Tourist

[ New ]

I have to find a solution to this...  tried again today to do a 5 sec time lapse, photo mode standard output... took about 20 exposures and hung.   I have done the manual update

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @coolhero27165

Our Support Team will be able to check on this further.

Please reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

i have the problem too.

timelapse; picture every 30 sec.

i hope it can be fixed soon, i have to make a 3 month time lapse.

and the build is already started.

(i have a sandisk extreme SD card)

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @yentevs

Were you able to go through the steps on Camera Freezes Up

Do you observe the same when using a different interval/setting?

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

So I have tested this evey way to Sunday.  Factory reset, then manual firmware upgrade... now the 3rd time, and the camera hangs every time at a duration of 5 seconds.  Sometimes after two exposures, sometimes after 20, but it always stops exposing and I have to reboot camera to regain control.  Every other interval seems to proceed normally and will continue to do exposures until I stop them camera.  I have spent 30 - 40 min documenting with support, sent seriel number, and said I want a replacement camera.  Purchased Dec 5th from GoPro.  Trying to be patient waiting on RMA, but starting to feel like they are stalling in being willing to make it right.  Subscriber... blah blah blah.

Tourist

[ New ]
I still reckon the processor cannot handle writing to the Sd card fast enough, partially because the buffer fills up too quickly when the timelapse duration is short.
5 sec never works for me for more than a handful of images.