Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro hero 8 Media Module

[ New ]

Hi ...just a quick question... When is the Media Module going to be available?..... I was thinking I would have one for Christmas..... Is that likely?

Hiker

Re: GoPro hero 8 Media Module

[ New ]

Yeah, same here. Would have thought they'd be pushing this out, as early in December as possible!

Adventurer

[ New ]

Display was Delayed, so what ever the accessory psge here says. Dec 2019.    pre-orders not yet.  who knows.

I know I am not getting one due ot the Previous models  losingthe  Audio connect and never comming back what stops that from repeating

Hiker

[ New ]

I'm after the module, not the display. Has that been disabled too?

Hiker

[ New ]

Just looked on the page, and yeah looks like only the display mod is delayed. The other two add ons, seem unaffected!

Adventurer

[ New ]

glad u found it, when they release it you will know.    right now I'll use the promic  works the same got the better mic  anyways as gopro is not a mic company. 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

It was kind of dissapointing that the media mod wasn't available with the release of the hero 8. Makes you wonder why? I only hope that GoPro handles the media module rollout better than they handled the audio adaptor. The long waits and unavailability of the audio adaptor was horrible. I think everyone is excited about the potential of the media mod...but the longer gopro waits and the more they stay silent about it, the more concerns arise. They really should at least put out some in depth videos showing the mod being used. They said December...but December is almost half over and not a word. If this mod case can do all we think it can, GoPro should be shouting about it. Come on GoPro. Say something. We are waiting. And it's not a good kind of waiting anymore. It's pushing it now into the realm of concern & doubt. Not good.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Hero 5 Oct  2015 the Promic came out soon after. was not a long wait if asked.  how things work Keep quiet makes you want it more, nope I already said no thanks  want to wait for you all to say YAE or NAI  I know the port gave on the Hero 5, hero 6, hero 7 with audio N/A what says that  won't repeat again?

$80.00 I get a HDMI port a usb port a roll cage and a external mic in one heavier then the promic   no thanks. I put a muf on my camera and love it.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I ordered the media module on 1/6/2020 with a availability dated of 1/27/2020. I was on the waiting list for it, but never got an email. It just showed available for order on the website.

Nomad

[ New ]

Perhaps the Monitor display is available because you know fishy says so lol..... Not that the monitor is what the OP was asking for...