Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro hero 8 Black

here is the batteries

IMG_0173.JPG

Highlighted
Sightseer

in addition to this battery issue, i will turn on the camera, and it immediately starts recording video take pics or time warp? when i hit the on off button to stop the recording it stops and then immediately turns off doesnt go into any kind of stand by mode most of the time thats what it does and rarely it will actually function properly as i would expect it to. so either i have some weird configuration in it or something wrong with the camera i just dont know. butit certainly doesnt seem to function logically or common sensical to theoperator (being me) i just dont know what is up with it.

Highlighted
Sightseer

i just noticed something, i tried powering up it started recording i stopped the recording and it started powering off/down, then i pushed the mode button and the screen popped back on with a message " use the battery for the GoPro hero 8 in order to get the full functionality from the camera, since hitting that it has remained in stand by with a view waiting for input from me for either pic photo or other?? i sure wish i knew what i was doing with this thing

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @avi8tor27. The HERO8 Black camera comes with the updated GoPro battery (cap is blue in color) that supports the increased performance modes of 1080/240 and 2.7/120 with HyperSmooth on. Learn more through here HERO8 Black - Battery Compatibility.

The Ultimax battery is a third-party accessory, designed by different manufacturers, and we cannot attest to their products’ reliability. 

We recommend using GoPro batteries to consistently achieve the best results with your GoPro camera.

As for the camera immediately recording upon powering on, the QuikCapture feature might be enabled. To check, power the camera on using the MODE button on the side. Then swipe down on the rear LCD screen and check if the QuikCapture icon (it looks like a jumping rabbit) is activated.

When the camera is off and QuikCapture is enabled, you can turn the camera on and immediately begin capturing video or Time Lapse photos just by pressing the shutter/Select button. Press once for video, press and hold for a few seconds for Time Lapse photos. Press again to stop recording and power off the camera.