Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: GoPro hero 8 Black time to talk

well you got that right.  

if you were to get a DJI from  a GoPro I be giving up a lot to get very little stepping down a level or two.  I think the Yi even  has some winning factors over DJI.  I think if I want a better camera I have to wait a little longer.  GoPro is a step ahead of this Game for sure

FISH

Tourist

As mentioned before, it would be nice to let user choose the level of crop in order to get better stabilization. If current crop is 10%, a new firmware could allow users to choose a 20% or other. 

Hiker

In GoPro manual it states if you zoom in it improves hypersmooth, so that feature is already there
Explorer

@royalridge31316
True. I generally use 2.7K in Linear with a slight zoom if I need super smooth footage and it works very well. However, GoPro should implement a "Super" Hypersmooth option (along with Hypersmooth and Standard) for a few reasons. First, because many people don't even take the time to read the manual yet still complain and even some that do "reviews" without understanding features and how the camera works. Second, because you can't zoom while in water do to the touch sensitivity getting messed up from the water or if the camera is in the SuperSuit. And third, and most importantly, you can't zoom while in 4K.
Adventurer

That I learned something new zoom in  for better Hypersmooth, thanks Guys... even though it was at my fingertips lol.  Yeah how people  think today the ydo not take thetime to leanr, even the  helpful tips they  just skip over  lol.

Explorer

Linear mode gives the best stabilization and zooming improves it (in any FOV). This is also true for the HERO6 Black.
Adventurer

Zoom is nice to have and has its limitations if asked.

Explorer

What limitations? I used to think that it degraded video quality, but I've found that when I'm recording something relatively close, it can actually improve the image.