Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro hero 7 isn't water proof

[ New ]

Had my gopro 7 for about a year now and for the first time i took it swimming with me in a alpine lake. Much to my disappointment i came out and the camera was full of water. As now the camera doesnt work i took it home to do a test just to make sure that nothing i had done had caused this, i closed all points of entry and put it into a sink of water. And its filling up with water??? How is this possible ? 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro hero 7 isn't water proof

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about what happened, @lachlanjoel92. When you get a chance, please reach out to GoPro customer support at gopro.com/help/ContactUs so we can assist you further.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

Rif.: GoPro hero 7 isn't water proof

[ New ]

I got many friends and colleagues that had a bad experience... GoPro sells it as waterproof but it's barely sealed, and Assistance doesn't care about coerence with product description. My solution was to buy a new one and quickly exchange the new one with the broken one as soon as i got out of the shop, so you can ask for a replacement. Then enjoy two gopro or sell one.

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about what happened, @lachlanjoel92. When you get a chance, please reach out to GoPro customer support at gopro.com/help/ContactUs so we can assist you further.

Tourist

[ New ]

Wish you all the best.  I have the same issue with my GPH7Black.  GoPro support is anything but support.  I was told I can buy a new GPH8.  Good luck...