Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro hero 7 confused With powering down on external battery

Out of sync does seem to be a problem, but I haven’t experienced it yet. I use Mojave Video editor and the export is always spot on. Don’t know if it’s automatically correcting or just not having the problem.

Yeah, I think 1080 is the most economical use of battery, according to the charts. What external battery do you use? Mine is a smaller power juice.

So far, recording with external battery only is fine. I stop and start recording several times, but I leave camera on because I’m afraid shutting down with wireless off will power down unit because of the external battery - but it doesn’t. Battery stays on, and unit powers up fine.

It just frosts me having to even think about these issues.
Nomad

[ Edited ]

The Audio sync issue only happens with the external mic and external power on the Hero 7, works fine on a the H5 and H6.

I don't think it happens if the external power is plugged directly into the camera and not through the audio Mic adapter.

I have used serveral external battery paks, some cheap ones from ebay and a huge Anker one.

Right now I use a 12v battery with 2.1 amp USB outlets on the Kayak, worked out great this weekend.

Apparenlty you can get around the sync issue if you start the recording on the internal battery then plug in the USB power on the audio adapter, but in my case I can't do that becasue I don't  have a battery in the camera LOL.

Hiker

Still happens
Nomad

Sync issue is fixed with latest firmware from Aug 14th. I used my h7 this weekend and no issues using external battery and mic.