Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro hero 7 black running hot

New go pro hero 7 black. Just downloaded app and updated to latest firmware. Using the battery and s card that came with the camera. After about 30 minutes of just playing with it, getting familiar with it, became very warm to touch. Is this normal? I only took a few still pics and some very short videos (10-30sec) just to try and learn how to use it.
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro hero 7 black running hot

Mine is also running very hot.  Some sites say this is normal but it does feel abnormally hot.  My battery lasts for about 1 hour when fully charged and I wonder if thjis is related.

Transfering 64GB from a Sandisk Extreme (SDSQXA2-064G-GN6MA) is taking several hours as well.  Maybe there is a fault in the SD Card making it run hot?  

Highlighted
Tourist

I am using the 32 GB Sandisk Extreme. Haven't transferred any files yet but will post my results when I do.
Highlighted
Explorer

What resolution/frame rate?

It's normal for the camera to get very warm. At higher resolution and/or frame rates it will get hot.
Highlighted
Explorer

BTW, be careful around the lens at this area can get very hot.

It's a small compact computer in a waterproof case. Yes, it's a camera, but basically it's a computer with a processor, RAM, and other chips. Also there is the sensor.
Highlighted
Tourist

1440/60/w is what it is recording at. Now I have another problem. Went out for an ATV ride this morning to try out the GoPro and it wouldn't turn on. Assumed dead battery but I am pretty sure I turned it off last night before I put it in my backpack, however I did play with the app on my phone so I am wondering if you open the app and try to connect to it while it's off, will it "wake up" and power on? Anyway, I switch out the battery for my extra and still nothing. So I get back home and try to charge it and all I get is one blink on the red LED. I powered it on with it charging and it says "no battery." So I switched the battery back to the original and now it will charge. So it looks like that overnight I have one battery in the camera that lost charge for some reason and an extra battery that completely died an wasn't even in the camera.
Highlighted
Tourist

I have started noticing more issues with this camera. Sometimes the touchscreen becomes unresponsive and freezes up requiring a restart. After trying to unsuccessfully to communicate with tech support over the phone and reading more complaints on forums, I get the feeling GoPro is experiencing a lot of issues with this model. I will be sending mine back for refund.
Highlighted
Hiker

Just checked the temperature and it’s reading about 60 degrees Celsius. I’m also starting to see erratic behaviour. I think I’ll be taking it back for a replacement.