Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro hero 7 black only records 1 second

On a recent walk with the family I turned on quick record. However, with the camera in standby mode if I pressed record it would record 1 second and stop. Pressing record gain started recording correctly, only stopping when I press the record button again. This happened a few times. Turning quick record off stopped the issue. I tried again today but could not reproduce.. Has anyone else seen this happen before?
Hiker

Re: GoPro hero 7 black only records 1 second

Quick capture not quick record! Doh!
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Quick Capture:

is a Auto one buttton ptess created  back wit hteh Hero 4 came out for Dummies, noted in the manual.     To hand to a person to  take your Action shot without trying to figure out how to  turn on.  All WE have to do isPress the SHutter once.  The camera  starts up, starts to record and keeps recording until  again the Shutter is pressed and it closes up  and shuts down.

Are you pressing once and saying it is  starting up and recording ,and a second later it is just closing up and  shutting down, the nthe  next press is  doing it correctly?  

Just rying to see if we understand  ho QC  works.

You mention stand by mode only time the camera is in standby mode is on Voice control Wake On?  

I had to re-read  this is not the 15. and 30 second clips correct?

Hiker

I hate typing on an iphone.. Let me rephrase this scenario.

1) Before heading out for the day I turned on quick capture (ie not the 15 / 30 sec recording option).

2) Before I tried the record a clip I turned the camera on (ie. image visible on rear screen).

3) I pressed the record button. That is when a 1 second recording happened. ie. the camera started recording and then stopped 1 second later, without me pressing the button to stop recording.

4) I then pressed the button again caused recording to start. This time it did not stop until I pressed the button.

5) I turned off camera.

6) I recorded a few clips without turning on the camera before pressing the record button. ie. camera turned on & stated recording until I pressed the record button again, where is stopped recording and shutdown, as expected.

I then repeated steps 2 to 5 again later on, and had the same reaction from the camera.

I hope that is a bit clearer :-)

Adventurer

Just wanted to make sure thank you?    Seems the camera is acting up during recording.  When did you do a Format on your sdxc card and what card was it?   maybe a full format is needed in a computer when  the camera and computer are in hand.  that may clear up the trouble , if not then try A manual firmware reflash, still have to save and format hte card recommneded by GoPro.      see if that helps.

Agree  about typing on a smartphone 

Hiker

I'll have a bit more of a play around with the camera over the weekend and see if I can reproduce it again. Might have just been a glitch in the matrix.

Hiker

Well, gave it a good test over the weekend and could not reproduce. Guess it was a glitch in the matrix. I'll keep an eye out for it though!