04-04-2019 02:58 AM
04-04-2019 03:06 AM - edited 04-04-2019 03:08 AM
is a Auto one buttton ptess created back wit hteh Hero 4 came out for Dummies, noted in the manual. To hand to a person to take your Action shot without trying to figure out how to turn on. All WE have to do isPress the SHutter once. The camera starts up, starts to record and keeps recording until again the Shutter is pressed and it closes up and shuts down.
Are you pressing once and saying it is starting up and recording ,and a second later it is just closing up and shutting down, the nthe next press is doing it correctly?
Just rying to see if we understand ho QC works.
You mention stand by mode only time the camera is in standby mode is on Voice control Wake On?
I had to re-read this is not the 15. and 30 second clips correct?
04-04-2019 04:54 AM
I hate typing on an iphone.. Let me rephrase this scenario.
1) Before heading out for the day I turned on quick capture (ie not the 15 / 30 sec recording option).
2) Before I tried the record a clip I turned the camera on (ie. image visible on rear screen).
3) I pressed the record button. That is when a 1 second recording happened. ie. the camera started recording and then stopped 1 second later, without me pressing the button to stop recording.
4) I then pressed the button again caused recording to start. This time it did not stop until I pressed the button.
5) I turned off camera.
6) I recorded a few clips without turning on the camera before pressing the record button. ie. camera turned on & stated recording until I pressed the record button again, where is stopped recording and shutdown, as expected.
I then repeated steps 2 to 5 again later on, and had the same reaction from the camera.
I hope that is a bit clearer :-)
04-04-2019 10:41 AM
Just wanted to make sure thank you? Seems the camera is acting up during recording. When did you do a Format on your sdxc card and what card was it? maybe a full format is needed in a computer when the camera and computer are in hand. that may clear up the trouble , if not then try A manual firmware reflash, still have to save and format hte card recommneded by GoPro. see if that helps.
Agree about typing on a smartphone