Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro hero 7 black freezing issue.

[ New ]
I have 746 photos+videos and now when I try to check the preview of my content the camera freezes and I have to remove the battery and start it again to get it back into working condition. But now I can't see the preview I also factory ressetted the camera but still the problem occurs. I use a Samsung Evo Plus 128 GB UHS grade 3 memory card as shown on the official site. And even when I 1st reported the camera it had froze. Please get this problem sorted out soon ASAP.
GoPro

Re: GoPro hero 7 black freezing issue.

[ New ]

Hello @superstoke87454

Thank you for the details that you provided. If you have not done it yet, try manually updating the camera to get rid of any possible error associated with the current installation. There are instructions here that will guide you through the process. Let us know how it works out. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Adventurer

[ New ]

Save your hard work. on a  hard  drive, take hte card you got and do a full format, and see if hte problem  continues after you  followed gopro's suggestions  rule out all possible issues the card the camera the user  good luck

Hiker

[ New ]
Yeah current formatting the school card after transferring all my files. Will give a feedback after following GoPro's advice
Adventurer

[ New ]

Remember the bigger the card  these issues  can occure why I kept small.  if the card is from a  trusted site   great, but there are fakes out there.  Onefile can do that  a FUll format takes ona 128GB card an hour     report back if  the firmware helped or not  you may have to do it  twice but soon in December a firmware is out

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi, I tried manually updating it. After putting the memory back into the camera there is no sign of any update taking place. I've formatted the SD card and and after clicking any picture or taking a video the preview doesn't show anything and the camera freezes at the image it was last pointed to. Please help.
Adventurer

[ New ]

you correctly did the update all three files to the folder. like so. Untitled.png

Hiker

[ New ]
Yes I put the whole folder to the SD card. Mine was an 70.3 mb update which I downloaded on the phone and then transferred it to the camera. But there was no update initiated