Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: GoPro hero 7 black freezing issue.

[ New ]

To the Root driver mine is D: (whatever yours is like so?  if not then the firmware does not load if inside the DCIM or other files, just making sure we are on teh right page? not insulting some people on this forum have to be reminded (lol) 

Untitled.png

Hiker

[ New ]
It's the way it should be. I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
Hiker

[ New ]
How long does the manual update usually take? It's Benn more than an hour I suppose. I also restarted the update by removing the battery and SD and inserting it again and starting the update again
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @superstoke87454

It shouldn't take that long. On my experience, it should be done in less than 5 minutes.

Try formatting the SD card.

Then save the extracted UPDATE folder again.

Reinsert the card to the camera.

Make sure that the camera is at least 40% charged.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Yeah I did the thing you've said. But still the update doesn't get completed. How can I delete the previous update and them try update it with the newest version? Anyway to hard reset the camera?
Explorer

[ New ]
Delete the firmware update off of your computer. On your computer, download a new version of the MANUAL update to your desktop here: https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black

Right click the file and select Extract. Extract it to the desktop.

Take your SD card out of your camera.
Using a USB/SD adapter (do not plug the camera into your computer), insert the SD card into your computer's USB port or SD slot
Using Explorer, find the SD card
Right Click on the SD card and choose Format
Uncheck the box that reads Quick format (you want to do a FULL format, this will take awhile to run. If it's fast, you did something wrong.)
After the format, drag and drop the UPDATE folder from your desktop onto the now blank SD card.
Right click and choose Eject on the SD card
Remove the SD card and place inside your camera
Wait about 8 seconds and then press the side Mode/Power button (not the top shutter)
The Update should run (during the update process the camera will power off once and back on as it moves to step two. Once done, it will restart once more. Wait until it is complete)
Upon completing the update, go to Preferences>Reset>Format SD
After formatting in camera, go to Preferences>Reset>Factory Reset to reset the camera (the update will remain).

If you run into issues, try with another SD card off of this list https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations
Explorer

[ New ]
Make sure you delete any instances of the UPDATE from your computer Prior to downloading a new file. The Update will not work if the name of the firmware folder is anything other than UPDATE. If you have a previous version on your computer, it is possible the name will be changed to something like UPDATE(1).
Hiker

[ New ]
Thank you for the advices. I shall try doing it and tell you'll if it worked out.