Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: GoPro hero 7 black freezing issue.

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]
Sightseer

[ New ]

I have exactly the same issue, still in my return period, thinking of just taking it back, I went through the firmware logs, nothing says that any old firmware has bugs that cause it to freeze, so I'm guessing must be hardware.

Explorer

[ New ]
Have you tried changing the SD card? I have one SanDisk Extreme v30 64GB card that every time I use it I get a freeze/lockup. Doesn't happen with my other cards.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi guys ! 

It seems there is a wide problem with freezing GoPro Hero 7 Black. Mine it seems that freeze at least one time a day...in various situations. Freeze sometimes when I try to power down the machine....freezes switching between modes....freeezing trying to record ....freeezes in recording mode and so on. I have to mention that I update it with the latest softwear update. I start wondering that has worth buyuing it ! 

Tourist

[ New ]

My GoPro 7 also freezes up while videoing. I have turned off gps, Used a high spec SD card. I record in 1080p. The camera seems to have trouble closing the video or buffering to SD, once i say "GOPRO STOP VIDEO" the screen swipe  right and left works in standby mode. but none of the functions operate. I either have to remove the battery or hold the power button for over 10 seconds it then pleeps after a delay. But that video footage will be lost. A sky diving camera man has sugested an interest in purchaseing a 7. But i have steared him away, as he has paying customers and can't afford to not get all the footage. This is an expensive bit of kit. It is fustrating when clips get lost due to this lock up problem, that still has not been resolved, with updates. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @fastcliff03670

If you haven't already, please go over the steps on this article.

Should it still be the same, please reach out to our Support Team.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej