Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro hero 7 black doesnt turn on, only one red LED is on

So since today my GoPro doesnt seem to go on anymore. Only one red LED at the bottom is on. it doesnt respond to any input, it doesnt respond to 8-10 seconds mode button presses. Wall charging doesnt seem to change anything. (I'm fairly sure it stopped working when the battery wasn't even close to being empty.)

I have followed steps on how to possibly fix this on other pages.. but none of those seem to work.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro hero 7 black doesnt turn on, only one red LED is on

We appreciate you going through the recommended steps, @mickaelv84. How does the camera behave when connected directly to a power source without its battery? If the camera works fine, there may be an issue with the battery, or the battery connector inside the camera. It would be best to get in touch with our Support team for assistance on this issue. You may reach the team by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . When you contact them, please have the camera and the proof of purchase handy for any information that the team may need. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

upon connecting the camera using a power cord it behaves exactly the same. One red LED comes on, and that's it. It doesnt respond to presses on the mode or shutter button, and the touchscreen stays black and irresponsive. I saw this was an issue on the Hero 3 aswell. Theres several videos of it on youtube, my camera behaves exactly the same as those video's

Highlighted
GoPro

We appreciate you giving us an update, @mickaelv84.

It seems that there could be a fault in the camera. Our Support Team will be able to assist you further on this issue. You can reach out to them by phone or chat. Please have the camera and proof of purchase ready for any information that they may need.