Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: GoPro hero 7 black FW 1.61 post all your concerns issues and all in here

Hello everyone,

Thank's for 1.61 update, it made my black7 to be a finaly product that I've expected.

Anyway I have noticed something strange with the battery (which I didn't experienced with 1.51):

-when charging directly trought the usb-c port, it can charge forever and red LED won't turn off.

not everytime but sometimes (around 40% times).

-sometimes (realy rare) after charging battery it shows old battery status, like 60-70% but after off and on it's back to normal.

And some sugestions for next update I hope:

maybe some quick-profiles/settings that we could set, like [1][2][3] for each mode?

Small buttons that appears when pressing "main" button somewhere on the touch screen.

Changing 4k60 flat wide to something like 1080p60 superview gp color would be so much faster.

And if that was taged with voice commands like "Gopro profile 1,2,3", wow - it would be so great.

A specialy, when you are wearing gloves and GP is mounted to your helmet.

Cheers!

Tourist

@mariustanya  I did 2 videos recording with the same configuration of default mode timewarp and recording using quick capture.  It looks like the reported problem of not having hypersmooth in the videos are resolved.  I will update the other thread as well.  Thanks.

Tourist

Updated on Friday and tried to use over the weekend.  Initially I was having loads of problems with the device hanging with the screen not coming on and the controls locked. This happened during video and whilst in standby. I did a reset to defaults, no iprovement. I then did a factory reset and it was working slightly better. I've got videos that have sound but feeze a frame mid way through. So I'm not impressed with this update at all! Is anyone else having this problem and is it worth going back a version?

Explorer

Try installing the firmware again manually and then formatting the card in camera, followed be a factory reset.
What SD card are you using? Probably a good idea to do a Full (not quick) format of the card prior to doing the manual update. This is how I always do my updates and the camera is working fine for me.
Tourist

Got the same problem, just bought the **bleep** thing, about to repack it and return as defective to the dealer.

Adventurer

Firmware is to fix it all, please do tell me how firmware will put back a missing  serial number to get the camera working, lo Hear, listening?