12-25-2019 07:14 PM
@stoutlight155 - Do you have another battery that you can try to see if the issue is with the battery? Also, can you see any damage to the connectors (the little wires) on the battery or in the battery compartment of the camera?
12-25-2019 07:31 PM
Here are some more steps to try.
- Disconnect the camera from any external power source and remove SD card. Remove and reinsert battery.
- Using the original GoPro USB-C cable, connect to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum) using the GoPro USB Type-C cable, let it sit for a few minutes.
- Try using a different power outlet. NOTE: In a pinch, you can use a computer USB port, but we do not recommend using a multi-port USB hub when trying to charge the camera.
- Try using a secondary USB Type-C cable to see if the issue is with the cable.
- Do the same test with the other / secondary battery.
If the suggested troubleshooting above doesn't help, reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions at https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero7-black.
If all of that doesn't help, our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs can do more troubleshooting with you.
12-26-2019 09:04 AM