Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro hero 6 won't turn on and no light when charging

I have a GoPro Hero 6 Black and was working fine, have not used it since winter and was getting ready to use it this weekend and when trying to charge it nothing is happening, not charge light, won't turn on, nothing. Tried both batteries I have and also tried switching out the memory cards. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ed

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro hero 6 won't turn on and no light when charging

@foggysurf80576, the power or charging issue in the camera can be related to either the charging fault, charging cable, battery problem, or the camera itself. Here are some troubleshooting suggestions that will help resolve this issue: HERO6 Black Will Not Power On

If the issue persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro hero 6 won't turn on and no light when charging

I have been on a live chat with GoPro and the best they can do is offer me a 25% discount to purchase a new camera, so it would still cost me another $300 to replace. Which I think is poor, even if the camera was purchased over a year ago. I purchased it in October of 2018, as a christmas gift for my daughter, wasn't used until June of 2019 for the start of Softball Tournament season, filmed maybe 20 games or less and then put away after tourney season ended in August. Pulled out to do a quick video in January and then put away again. Now nothing, not turning or or anything. With or without the battery, or second battery. The camera was never dropped or anything, in perfect condition. I think that is kind of poor when it comes to the life of the camera. Not sure what to do next other than look for another camera, we needed this one before this weekends softball season can finally start back up in Ohio after Covid-19.