11-16-2017 05:56 AM
Please help guys, i tried EVERY method online, i got the update both manually and through app, formatted the SD, tried different memory cards, tried everything online! whatever i do, it only runs once after i remove the battery and re plug it in, and if i hold the mode button to turn it off it powers back on ( and yes my connections are all off ) and if i repeat that it turns off but freezes the screen i have to click the mode button one more click to turn it completly off, and yes it wont turn back on unless i remove the battery again, i have for 2 days and done exactly nothing with it but trying to function well.
11-19-2017 01:21 PM
11-21-2017 01:22 PM
Please follow these instructions to get the HERO6 Black to power on again:
- Disconnect the camera from any external power source and remove SD card. Remove and reinsert battery.
- Press the Mode Button to see if the camera responds (look for LED illumination, beeps, or a response from the camera’s screens).
- If there's no response, attempt to reset camera by pressing and holding the Mode Button for 8-10 seconds. After releasing the button, leave the camera alone for ≈5 seconds and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
- If still unable to get any sign of life from camera, connect to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum) using the GoPro USB Type-C cable, look for red LED illumination to indicate charging. NOTE: In a pinch, you can use a computer USB port, but we do not recommend using a multi-port USB hub when trying to charge the camera.
- If the red illumination LED does not appear, try using a secondary USB Type-C cable.
- If/when red LEDs illuminate, allow camera to remain charging for a few minutes.
- Remove the camera from charging source and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
- If provided with a response, allow camera to turn back off, insert the SD card and wait ≈5 seconds, then attempt to record a sample video.
I hope that helps!
11-22-2017 06:53 AM
removing the battery and re inserting it works as i said in my post, but i have to do this everytime ! each time i turn it off it freezes and never turns back on whatever i do unless i re-insert the battery.