Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro hero 5 black poor audio quality

Like most, I am experiencing GoPro hero 5 Black Audio problems. My belief is this is due to the over sensitive microphones on the camera. I have recently got into completion shooting matches. I bought a goprop to start recording my matches and learning from mistakes, etc. My issue is I used the newest goprop hero session (borrowed from a friend) and the sound is great! Being my first time using a GoPro, I had to have one so I bought the hero 5 black. But with the hero 5 black that is supposedly top of the line this is not the case with audio quality. The sounds from rounds firing sound muffled, vibrated and staticky.

Can someone please explain how the lowest quality GoPro is outperforming the newest in audio quality?

I know I can get an external mic and use that however that's is more money and more hassle. Hasn't the CEO came out and stated that he wants users to be worry free of videos while they enjoy their activities? I cannot do that with running an external mic!

If anyone has a solution for this please share!

See video below: https://youtu.be/QRyHdb5dl1E
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro hero 5 black poor audio quality

Video in link is for Camparislon of goprop hero 5 black to go prop hero session
Highlighted
Sightseer

crickets.... nothing but crickets. CEO is apparently only worried about getting my $399.99 for the camera.
Highlighted
Hiker

Maybe you should post this in the Hero 5 forum. This forum is for the Hero Session.