Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: GoPro hero 5 black leaking?

@debinaz Sorry i know this is a very late response, I just had the same thing happen to mine.  Did you have any issues with your exchange?  I purchased mine through Amazon (Amazon LLC, NOT a third party on amazon) had it for about a month and now it wont work because of this issue. 

I am waiting to contact support today.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Water has entered my front screen too... I was confident of its waterproofing so i used it with no case. Sadly it isn't sealed properly. Can you help me with this?
Sightseer

This is really frustrating coz features say it is waterproof ... Well it isnt quite true.. a bit disappointed with the product. I would appreciate it if you can help me...
Hiker

@jbbitner10 wrote:

@debinaz Sorry i know this is a very late response, I just had the same thing happen to mine.  Did you have any issues with your exchange?  I purchased mine through Amazon (Amazon LLC, NOT a third party on amazon) had it for about a month and now it wont work because of this issue. 

I am waiting to contact support today.

I had to send replacement back as battery door did not close flush with main body. More time wasted. Hang in there regarding contacting support. 

Hiker

@graydive85720 wrote:
This is really frustrating coz features say it is waterproof ... Well it isnt quite true.. a bit disappointed with the product. I would appreciate it if you can help me...

Yes, for some units this is the case. You can get a replacement jus have to jump thru the hoops and be patient. I had to send replacement back as battery door did not close flush with main body. More time wasted. Hang in there regarding contacting support. I had to send replacement back for my failed H5 as battery door did not close flush with main body. More time wasted. Hang in there regarding contacting support. 

Tourist

Problem was I was out of the country for almost 6 weeks. Back tomorrow and I will send it back asap!

Hiker

Good luck with the replacement, Maybe the H6 will have solved the leaking issues that so many customers have been dealing with. 

Sightseer