Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro fusion water damage

[ New ]
So had my fusion for just over a year. Been very happy with it. Today I tried some photos under 6 inches of water for no more than 10 seconds. I checked all doors were closed securely and straight away noticed bibles. Opened the battery door and it was flooded. I have had gopros since they started and recently lost a 5 to water damage. It seems to me that the newer models aren’t as well constructed as older models as never had this with 1,2,3 or 4. Very dissatisfied.. will not be using GoPro anymore.
Tourist

Re: GoPro fusion water damage

[ New ]
*bubbles
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @toughridge37561

So long as all camera doors are closed, Fusion is waterproof down to 5m (16ft) without a housing.

You may want to check out with our Support Team for your options.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
I never trust the waterproof labels, however a few days ago while on holidays I had 2 accidents with my Fusion, first one happened in a hot jacuzzi, while filming a timelapse a strong gust of wind pushed the camera in the water, I was facing the other side and actually took a few seconds for me to notice, the camera was down.

The other accident was in a pool while filming my kid, I left the camera filming on an "island" in the center of the pool when suddenly a burst of water came out of what I thought was a drain, camera fell into the water. On both cases no water wentt in the camera and it's working 100% fine
Tourist

[ New ]
Lucky. Me not so. Have just ordered insta one x. Done with GoPro.
Tourist

[ New ]
I will try as I did with the 5 and got nothing. 6” under water for under 10 secs. And yes doors were closed. Been working as a freelancer for 20 yrs. I am very cautious with gear. I will now be cautious with where I spend my hard earned. Twice is enough for me 👍
Explorer

[ New ]
1, 2, 3, 4, weren't waterproof.

I've used the Fusion numerous times surfing and swimming in the ocean. As long as the seals are clean and the doors shut properly, it is very much waterproof.
Tourist

[ New ]
Indeed. Thanks for pointing that out. I still have all 4. And they work. As for your experience that’s great, performance as advertised.. but my one didn’t stand a few seconds in 6” of water. Thanks. I will attempt a chat discussion at some point when I get time.